History of the Pine Castle Woman’s Club

In 1940 the ladies of Pine Castle decided that a woman’s club was needed, to provide a place where women could come together. It would also offer a meeting place for the community. The property at 5901 South Orange Avenue was purchased at a tax sale, and throughout WWII we held hamburger dinners and ice cream socials to raise funds for a clubhouse.

By 1949 we had raised the money to purchase the materials needed and a Mr. Padgett donated his services to build it. Our first renter was the Pine Castle Volunteer Firefighters, who were building their own fire station two blocks away.

Over the years we have sponsored a series of needed community projects and have served as the first home for numerous churches and other organizations. 

LEADERSHIP

MEMBERSHIPS

COMMUNITY EVENTS

FLOSSIE’S  GARDEN

Pine Castle Woman’s Club Affiliation

The Pine Castle Woman’s Club is affiliated with the GFWC (General Federation of Women’s Club) with approximately 80,000 members in all 50 states and more than a dozen countries. Our Club is part of the Southern Region which consists of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Aruba and the Grand Bahamas and includes 10,000 members.

Under the Southern Region, we fall under GFWC Florida which has 193 clubs and 14 districts. PCWC is in District 7 with Jean Brown, serving as Director.

LEARN MORE

0